Hi friends. I've decided to start sharing monthly playlists. I've always been an avid music lover/listener, and I used to make playlists for friends like crazy. Then, because of the slow, perilous onset of adulthood, I didn't. So, now I am again. 🎈
The intention for this playlist is to listen to it while making art. You can do that, or not. Just know (if you don't already), good tunes and art-making is a pairing on par with bread and butter or coffee and crossword puzzles. Cut yourself a break, cut yourself a rug, have a day. That's not a typo. Have yourself a good ol' fashioned day.
1. Movie / Tom Misch / Geography / 2018
2. Something On Your Mind / Karen Dalton / In My Own Time / 1971
3. - Naiads, Cassadies / Fleet Foxes / Crack-Up / 2017
4. Pain / The War on Drugs / A Deeper Understanding / 2017
5. Dreams Tonite / Alvvays / Antisocialites / 2017
6. Song / Sylvan Esso / What Now / 2017
7. Time On Her Side / Future Islands / The Far Field / 2017
8. Truth Lies Low / Andrew Bird / Are You Serious / 2016
9. In Bloom / Sturgill Simpson / A Sailor's Guide to Earth / 2016
10. If I Ever Was a Child / Wilco / Schmilco / 2016
11. Blues Run the Game / Laura Marling / Blues Run the Game - Single / 2010
12. Real Love Baby / Father John Misty / Real Love Baby - Single / 2016
13. Sweet Thing / Van Morrison / Astral Weeks / 1968
14. My Sweet Lord / George Harrison / All Things Must Pass / 1970
15. Beautiful Strangers / Kevin Morby / Beautiful Strangers/No Place to Fall - Single / 2016
#. Track / Artist / Album / Year
*Plz note this playlist is much more mellow/not scary than my creepy lil cover suggests.
**Also "New Year New Me" is obviously a marketing scam created by the shadowy overlords who brought you Herbalife, MTV's The Hills, and eyelash extensions.